Girls are undoubtedly one of the most beautiful creatures made by God which make it really hard for men not to fall in love with them. But not all men fall for all women. It has been noticed that men have always shown a soft corner for a girl who they think is in trouble or is helpless. No matter how much they try, it is really hard for some men not to fall for a damsel in distress. Though the reasons may vary from man to man, nobody can deny the fact that guys do have some kind of obsession with such girls.
A damsel in distress means a girl in need, and it is clearly very easy for any man to woo a woman by helping her and providing her a shoulder to cry on. As we all know, when in trouble, everyone needs help and support. So it is quite obvious for men to fall for a girl in need.
Below, we are listing the top 12 reasons why men so often and quickly fall for a damsel in distress:
Why Men Fall For Damsels In Distress?
1. Men find such women easy to please: Well, it is one big truth that when a woman is in need or is upset about something, there are certain things that she wants to hear, and saying those things can easily help you win a girl. So, it is basically very easy to please a girl who is sad and looking for someone to help her. All you need to do is say things that can help her come out of the situation she is in, and she will be all yours. Yes, it is that easy! Do you now know why men fall so quickly for damsels in distress?
2. They make them feel like men: Helping a girl in need itself feels like an achievement and fills your mind and body with good thoughts. And I don’t think there will be any man who would want to miss this golden chance of getting so much attention and respect. All men love attention and respect. This becomes one of the reasons why it is so easy for men to fall for a girl who needs support, care and love. After all, who can miss a chance to feel more macho and manly?
3. They can be easily approached: Approaching a girl who is already seeking someone to share her sadness and problems with is not a big deal. This is one such chance that I am sure no guy wants to miss. To approach a damsel in distress, all you need to do is provide her a helping hand and help her with whatever problem she is dealing with, and you are in. Yes, approaching a damsel in distress is that easy and proves why men so easily fall for those women. So maybe you can try your luck with them and might result in finding the love of your life.
4. They can be dominated: Rescuing a woman in need is, undoubtedly, one of the most appealing things to do for men. When any guy helps a girl in trouble, he does not only win her respect, but also creates a special place in her life – a place that she cannot otherwise think of giving to anyone else. This makes her completely devote herself to the guy and give him an opportunity to feel like a knight in shining armor. When you win a woman’s heart by helping her in need, it also indicates that she can be easily dominated due to the blind faith and respect that she has for you.
5. They feel empathy towards them: As they say, men cannot see women in tears, and when they do see one in tears, they try everything to help her out. This is also one of the reasons why men fall for damsels in distress. Men might look stiff and hard from the outside, but they have a soft side too, and are as emotional and soft as women from the inside. So it is quite natural for a man to help a woman when he sees her in tears or in need which proves men do feel empathy towards helpless women and easily fall for them.
6. Dating such women helps men boost their ego: It is not wrong to say that when a guy gets a woman in his life who trusts him blindly and looks up to him for everything, then it really helps him to become confident as well as boost his self-esteem. No matter where they are and what they do, they know this girl is always going to be on his side. This feeling itself is enough to make any man feel proud and helps them in boosting their ego.
7. Women are generally ready to bow to their knight in shining armors: Men usually think that if they help a woman in need, she would be ready to return the favor in the form of any “masculine” help they might need. They usually take it for granted that since they are helping a woman, the woman is “honor-bound” to return the favor and they would naturally expect things in return rather quickly.
8. Men feel that this is the norm: Thanks to the popularity of superhero movies, men tend to believe that they are supposed to protect the women. Therefore, when they meet damsels in distress, they have the urge to help them and be their savior. Moreover, they grow up watching shows like Cinderella and Snow White where men are portrayed as the defender of women who would go to any extent to prove their masculinity and protect their women.
9. Men can be in long-term relationships when they are dating a damsel in distress: Since damsel in distress makes them feel more like a man and boost their ego, it is easier for them to stay with such women for a longer period. They constantly feel that they need to protect their partner and take decisions for them. This makes them feel more like a man, so they don’t mind being in such relationship for a longer period.
10. Damsels in Distress make men feel like they are wanted or needed: Since such women always get into trouble, it gives men a purpose in life. They know that they need to protect this woman from all the troubles. It gives them a purpose that is outside of their regular schedule. A sense of responsibility and belongingness make men feel important and needed. This is the reason they like to be in a long-term relationship with a damsel in distress. Such relationships are more likely to last longer.
11. Damsels in distress are low-maintenance: Women who are going through a tough patch in their lives are usually easy to please. A man does not have to do much to ensure a woman’s happiness at this point. “Understanding” her plight and what she is going through is, more often than not, all that is required to make the relationship survive. All that is needed by men is an ounce of sympathy and a drizzle of common sense. Voila, you have the perfect relationship that would make you feel like the king of the world.
12. Men know how to stereotype: Since a very early age, men have been conditioned to “save” women from all known and unknown dangers irrespective of the fact that they need to be saved or not. So whenever they see a damsel in distress, it’s as if a light bulb switches on in their heads and they zero in on the target. It’s not planned, but something that comes naturally to them as it is what they’ve been taught to do. But then again, it is not too bad as long as it leads them to find the love of their lives. Falling for damsels in distress is easy, and it actually guarantees a long term relationship too. So why not?
It’s safe to say that we’ve been seeing the typical “man sees a helpless woman – man saves her” scenario for as long as we remember since times immemorial. It has been established since the birth of the urban legends that men are simply incapable of leaving a damsel in distress alone and this will continue to be the norm. Whatever be the reason, it is apparent that when a man approaches a damsel in distress to “pacify” and “console” her, that’s when the proverbial shit hits the fan, and everything goes awry.
Nevertheless, men tend to fall for damsels in distress because it not only boosts their ego, but also gives them hope that the relationship would last forever. So guys what are you waiting for? Find a woman who needs a shoulder to shed her tears on and live happily ever after!
Just keep the points mentioned above in mind, and you are already on your way towards a fulfilling relationship with a damsel in distress.