Some questions are better than others at sparking a long and interesting conversation. If you want to get to know the person you are dating on a deeper level, the following questions can help. These questions are designed to be thought provoking and encourage bonding. The deeper the question, the closer you will get to the other person. If you want to maintain a healthy relationship, it is good to sit down and ask each other these kinds of questions once in a while. You will definitely be glad you did this with your partner.
Best Conversation Starters For Him & For Her
1. What Makes You the Happiest?
We all have things that make us happy, but there are usually certain things that really create a jovial feeling that goes particularly deep.
2. What Are Some of Your Most Important Values?
Ask the person to list some of their most important values so you can get to know what kind of person they really are at their core.
3. How do you feel about Religion?
Whether the person you are with is religious or not, this can be a great conversation starter.
4. How have you Grown as a Person in the last few years?
There is a good chance that the person you are with feels like they have grown in some way over the past few years.
5. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Everyone has their challenges, and learning about your partnerís can help you get closer.
6. What is Your Favorite Way to Relax?
Whether it is listening to the right music or meditating, everyone has their ways of relaxing.
7. What is One Thing You Love About Yourself?
This question will let the person brag a little while giving you some good insight into them as a person.
8. What is Your Secret Sexual Fantasy?
You could get a very interesting answer to this question, and it can spark a whole conversation.
9. What is Most Important to You in a Friendship?
Knowing what your partner values in a friendship could do a lot to help your relationship with them.
10. What is Your Idea of a Romantic Date?
When you know what they consider to be a romantic date, youíll know what to plan for the future.
11. What is Your Saddest Memory from Childhood?
This can be a little difficult to discuss depending on the memory, but it can promote a stronger bond between you and your partner.
12. What is the First Thing youíd do if you won the Lottery?
The good old lottery question can spark some good conversation and give you insight into the person you are dating.
13. What Scares You About Aging?
Getting old is something most people fear, but discussing it can bring us closer together.
14. How do you imagine Your Own Funeral?
This is another somewhat morbid question, but it can be very interesting and teach you something about the other person.
15. What is an Embarrassing Phase you went through?
We have all gone through our embarrassing little phases, and talking about them with others can make for some funny and interesting conversation.
16. What is Your Favorite Holiday?
For some people it is Christmas while others love Halloween, but we all have our favorite holiday.
17. If you could have any Job in the world, what would it be?
The kind of job that the other person would want can tell you a lot about them as a person.
18. Have you ever tried going a whole day without your Phone?
Most people are very attached to their phones, and just imagining going a whole day without it can be anxiety provoking.
19. What is your Weirdest Little Habit?
There is a very good chance that the person you are dating has some strange habit that you havenít discovered just yet.
20. Do you consider yourself an Agreeable person?
Some people are more agreeable than others, but this is one question that your partner probably wonít have to think about very long before answering.
21. Which Animal do you most Identify with?
A personís ďspirit animalĒ can say a lot about who they are as a person. Believe it or not, it can be a good conversation starter.
22. What Really Gets you Angry?
Everyone has certain things that make them snap, and itís a good idea to find out what it is for your partner.
23. Do you feel like something is missing?
Very few people feel one hundred percent content, so there is probably something your partner feels is missing from their life.
24. What is Completely Unforgivable?
Learning what your partner thinks is unforgivable can tell you a lot about the kind of person they are in general.
25. What do you do to be romantic?
Find out how your partner acts when they want to be romantic. You might have something in common here.
26. What is your most treasured possession?
This is a spin on the whole ďif you could save one thing from a house fire, what would it be?Ē question.
27. Are you a very jealous person?
It may not seem like your partner is the jealous type, but their answer could surprise you.
28. What do you like best about me?
We all want to know what our partners like about us, and this question is a god way to find out.
29. How can I help improve our relationship?
Maybe there is some small or big way that you can help improve your relationship that you never even thought about.
30. Is there a secret you havenít told me?
Ask your partner if there is something they have never told you before. It could end up being something big.
31. How do you think you could improve yourself?
We all know that we can use some improving, and this question will show you how your partner feels about themselves.
32. What is something that requires a lot of courage?
This question will tell you what your partner views as true bravery, which will tell you a lot about their character.
33. What is a great small way to express love for someone?
Find out what small gesture your partner finds the most romantic and use it to your advantage in the future.